Wednesday 30 December 2015

Finishing the Year with Jelissa


Hello 13@rts friends!

Today is the second last day of 2015, how fast time has flown! For me especially, it is a big year because our little girl has arrived. There are so many changes in the family, in my life and as I look back, there were just as many blessings that we have experienced. So for my last post for this year, I want to take time to say "thank you" and be grateful for all that has happened, good or bad.

This is a card I made for a close family friend whose birthday is also just around the corner. He has walked through difficult times with my husband and me, and loves my children as his own. Because this is for a guy, I have done away with flowers and made it very simple with strong clean lines.




I used Olga's Winter Tales for this card simply because the papers are so beautiful! I particularly love the deep reds and rich greens, and I couldn't make enough projects from this collection. For this post, I thought I really want to feature more of the papers and despite it being a Christmas theme collection, you can use it for just about anything.



Some details of the background. For this card, I used only two paints - White Glitter paint and Green Glitter Splash ink. To get that lovely mint green, I mixed White Glitter paint with Magic Powder, followed by a drop of Green Glitter and spread it over the holly stencil from the same collection. When it dries, you can see a lovely shimmer with both silver and gold flakes. I also topped it up with some splatters of Green glitter straight from the bottle.



For this chipboard, I used the remainder of my mint green paste and spread it over. Then I gradually mix in Green glitter paint to the remaining paste to use as a thick paint, one drop at a time to get many different shades of the green as layers of paint. Until the last layer was painting directly from the bottle.



I love the fussy cut holly from the Christmas tag paper and layered them on top. Then I brushed a thin layer of White glitter paint over to make the whole card look consistent with the use of glitter.

So that's all I have for today. Wishing you and your family a wonderful new year ahead!

13@rts products used:
Ayeeda Paint - White & Silver Glitter, Acrylic Ink SPLASH! Glitter GreenClear Gesso - acrylic primer 120mlWhite Gesso - acrylic primer 120mlPaper "Berry"Paper "Christmas tags"Paper "Santa's song"Mask-Stencil "Holly"MAGIC! Powder



1 comment: